Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Microwave Omelet-scrambled egg-thingy


Okay, this is a very simple lunch+snack I made for tomorrow (yeah yeah I like to make bento boxes, wanna fight about it?) but the most important part about it is the yellow stuff on the far side. The point is, I figured out how to make eggs in the microwave.

I was skeptical at first. After all, changing the cooking method usually changes the end result. The tomatoes from the tortellini with tomatoes made in oil tasted very savory while those stewed with the oil added later were very sweet. Omelets in the microwave had to be nowhere as good as their pan-fried counterparts, right?

Well... not exactly. At least, I'm not an egg connosieur, so maybe I just can't tell the difference. But these eggs in the microwave (mixed up, with 1/2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tbsp milk) for one minute, with saran wrap over the bowl I cooked them in, tasted pretty damn decent. How bizarre.

I'm hoping this will save me some money in the future, as eggs tend to be cheaper than things like lunch meat (but they're still not as cheap as peanutbutter!). Budget-enforced vegetarianism, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment